Help! Questions about library services are only a conversation away. We’re happy to help: call, email or stop in!
- I need help setting my library PIN,
- I’d like to place a holds on an item from another library
- How do I keep track of items I have checked out?
- I am having difficulty downloading eZone materials…
- I’d like to read some articles from our magazine service, Zinio. How do I get started?
- More In-depth Help? We are always here to help. Better yet, make an appointment for one-on-one tech assistance!
- I just bought a Kindle, how do I get started borrowing ebooks?
- How do I set up an email account?
- I’d like someone to look over my resume and help me upload it to a jobsite?
Louttit closed? Ask a Librarian is available for extended hours from AskRI.org:
- Text: 401-608-1275 (1ASK)
- Chat: askri.org/chat-2/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER FOR A LIBRARY CARD
Register for a Library Card: https://catalog.oslri.net/selfreg.html
REGISTER FOR TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS
With the library’s Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
- Receive text notices about holds that are available, items that are due soon and overdue items.
- Send a text to renew an item (if item is eligible for renewal)
The library does not charge a fee for this service. Your mobile plan’s regular text messaging rates apply and must be able to text an email address.
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS
Public wireless service is available throughout the library, the Community Center, playground and some areas of the parking lot.
PUBLIC ACCESS COMPUTERS
- We have seven public access computer stations; six in the Adult Reading Room and one in the Children’s Room. Currently, there is no time limit for computer use. However, when someone is waiting we ask you to limit usage to 30 minutes.
- 2. All computers are networked to our Savin Printer/Copier in the circulation area. Pick up your printing there: Black and white is 15 cents and color is 25 cents per page.
The library has a Kindle which circulates for 21 days. Suggest a title for us to add or just check it out to try before you buy your own.
- Library staff is available to make copies.
- Our main copier has black & white, color, two-sided, and enlargement/reduction capabilities.
- Fax service to and from the library is available. Both outgoing and incoming faxes are $1.00 per page.
- Staff is available to scan items to a USB drive. Alternately, USB drives are available for purchase for $5.
- Black and white copies are 15 cents and color is 25 cents per page
One or a book, we’re happy to share what we have on-hand with you at the USPS price.
NOTARY PUBLIC Coming soon!
SUGGEST AN ITEM FOR THE COLLECTION
Share your ideas for new books, books on CD, DVDs, Blu-rays, or a magazine subscription here. Do you have an idea for a program or class you’d like to see offered? Let us know, email email@example.com.
Louttit Library accepts used books that are three years old or newer and DVDs. If these items are not needed for the collection, we will sell them or donate them to another nonprofit organization.
TALKING BOOKS PLUS
Talking Books Plus is a program of the Rhode Island Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, it provides library service free of charge to anyone in Rhode Island who is unable to read standard print material because of a temporary or permanent visual or physical handicap. The program is part of the National Library Service network which provides free digital books and equipment to eligible residents and agencies. The Talking Books Plus program is administered by the Rhode Island Office of Library and Information Services. For Information on eligibility and enrollment may be found at: http://www.olis.ri.gov/tbp/aboutus.php